Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bland Boys Tonight

         American Idol keeps telling us that their voting is not fixed but someone needs to explain to us how the 5 guys last night were a total snooze fest giving the girls a clear edge in the competition.   I still miss Cortez, Nick and of course Charlie who I believed would have given the girls a run for their money.

         I expected the boys to really come out fighting knowing that the show is already marketing the girls as the top competitors.   Curtis coming in and having a terrible song choice and matching vocal started the night off for the boys.  He was lucky Nicki was not there to critique.  How the judges gave him a pass on this song baffles me.   But it's part of the formula.  At the beginning of the 10 week run they give everyone a pretty mild critique and then towards the top 5 they will start throwing contestants under the bus.  In my opinion Curtis and Lazaro should be in the bottom 2.

         Some of the contestants took Jimmy Ivine's advice too close to heart not showcasing their voices in fear of the "over singing" he kept warning them about.   I'm sorry Jimmy but when you're trying to compete with 10 other people you will have to over sing a bit to keep showing yourself off and be remembered.  Especially if you're the first ones to come out to sing.

         How I missed Charlie last night in the midst of mild safe singing. (will have to exclude Candice who truly impressed me with  Amber and Kree getting honorable mentions)     He was never afraid to sing what he wanted, shaking the place up with his raw talent and showmanship.    Hope we see him tonight,  his fans miss him so much.  We need to see him one more time in our TVs, if nothing else to wake us up from our current Idol slumber.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the show was boring last night. I always read the TWOP forums after the show and some people said they actually missed Charlie and Zoanette and I'm thinking THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR THEM!!!! They would have guaranteed to shake it up a bit had either or both of them been there. And sorry but none of these contestants, with the exception of maybe a few, know how to choose songs. They all chose the most lame and predictable songs, I thought they weren't even allowed to choose coronation songs, but honestly they shouldn't have let them because it was too self-indulgent and predictable. Each one of them tried to recreate a moment an Idol had or recreate their winning moment by choosing their coronation song and honestly none of them outdid the original. My favorites last night were Devin and Kree. I normally like Candice but she was shouting the entire song (and I hate that song by the way) Lazaro is clearly the weakest vocalist there and even though I think he should be in the bottom 3 tonight I doubt he will be. His sob story might buy him another week or 2. My prediction for the Bottom 3 is Janelle, Curtis, and Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I missed Zoanette too, you just never knew what Charlie or Zoe would come up with next. I mean the only reason I kept on watching last night is because I thought they would mention the wildcard sing off. But alas, it was not to be. Oh man i thought Candice killed it. But ok tomatos tomahtohs. :)

    ReplyDelete