Friday, May 17, 2013

AI13 Eligibility Rule Change - Charlie May Audition Again

So another American Idol finale has gone by.  Congratulations Candice!  I believed she was very worthy of the win.   Kree was my early horse but Candice kept showing up with some amazing performances.   I've listen to their singles and I must say I like  Angie's  and Kree's Single .   Candice's Song will have to grown on me.


And now for the good news! 

 According to IdolPad spoilers Charlie can come back and audition again!!  Only the top 11 will not be eligible.   Will he go that route or not is up to him of course but I think he should wait till he finds out who the judges are.   I think a judge who understands rock will  give him a better review of his performances.  I know most have asked him to go to the Voice.  I've watched it this season and I don't know if Charlie would get very far.  It's always a 50% chance that you're going home.  You have to go up against big vocals at every turn so I'm not sure how well Charlie would fair with a one on one singing battle with a vocal diva.  I think Idol was great because we still got to see him  perform several times.  On the Voice you could be out very early.  You're also given a song to sing instead of choosing it yourself.   If the judge doesn't  understand your talent they may direct you the wrong way.    Of course, I would choose any avenue to see Charlie perform again.  He belongs on a stage, period.

From IdolPad Spoilers:


AI13 Eligibility Rule Change
Posted by TIP at 1:24 AM
The only season 12 contestants ineligible for season 13 are the Top 11.  In other words, for the first time ever, a set of former semi-finalists may re-audition.  Their names are listed below.

Adriana Latonio
Breanna Steer
Charlie Askew
Cortez Shaw
Elijah Liu
Nick Boddington
Tenna Torres *
Vincent Powell *
Zoanette Johnson

 * ineligible via age restrictions


4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Well if he tries out again it will be his 3rd time and as we saw third time was the charm for Candice! ;-) I'm happy for her that she won, she definitely deserves it after being the most consistent performer all season and I give her a lot of credit for coming back so many times. She proves that if you don't give up on something, you can achieve it eventually. I'm not keen on her single either but Kree's is pretty good (studio version sounds much better than live) and LOVE Angie's single. I bet hers will chart higher than the other 2... XD

    Your point about the Voice is interesting. I have only watched the first 2 episodes but I did see a couple of the Battle and Knockout rounds and it does not make sense the way they pair the contestants, they are not even in the same genre and they choose the song for them. Charlie would probably hate that, if anything he may just audition for Idol again. They're having auditions in Boston in August so I was thinking I might try it if I can, it'd be amazing if we both made it and I got to meet him XD But anyway, as he said, once the finale was over he'd be allowed to release his music, maybe get his website up, and do some shows, so maybe he'll finally start to take off now. Lyndsey Parker loves him and I'm sure she'd interview him any time he wants.

    Hope to see Nick Boddington audition again too and maybe Zoanette although she seems to have found some jobs appearing at parties and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention Lyndsey wore a Team Charlie Askew shirt to the finale hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?? Lyndsey was there?? I missed it. That girl is a turtle, no doubt about it. I watched my taped version of the finale and the whole winner reveal was cut off! lol Dang it. But I did watch it on youtube and it was very emotional for Candice. Good for her for not giving up. I agree with you, I do believe Angie's single is the best, but Kree has a good one too. We'll see how they rate.

    Hey YES! You have to go to Boston and audition!! You are very talented and as you can see, they always miss good talent here and there so you can just audition every year till you make it! Ok?? Oh wow, that would be crazy if you met Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't shown in the audience but in her Day After video she said she'd be attending and on Twitter she posted her homemade Team Charlie Askew shirts. I think the finale was scheduled to run 10 minutes later than usual, so anyone who DVR'd it would have missed the last 10 minutes. As much as I love Idol, I think after next season they should just call it quits. 13 is a good number to end with.

      Delete