Tuesday, February 26, 2013

JDA's Exit Interview - Charlie Askew

This is an excerpt from J'DA's interview. He had very kind things to say about our boy.  Their friendship was obvious seeing how they stood  hugging each other to hear the judges votes.

"One singer who did take some cues from J'DA was Charlie Askew. Charlie accented his outfit with a belt borrowed from J'DA when he performed Elton John's Rocket ManThursday. And when the judges announced the fates of each singer Thursday, Askew and J'DA had their arms around each others' shoulders.
"Aw, I love him so much," J'DA says of the 18-year-old from Little Rock, Ark. "I would always tell him he's from another planet, he's from another time. I wanted to give him that belt, because I wanted him to sparkle and shine."
J'DA says Askew came to his room Thursday morning, seeking approval of his outfit. "I was like, 'You look fantastic; I think you just need a belt.' … I ended letting him keep the belt, because I felt, as an artist, you have to give. I wanted to give a part of me to him as I was leaving and he was staying behind. I wanted to leave a part of JDA with him."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/idolchatter/2013/02/26/jda-american-idol-interview/1949495/

1 comment:

  1. Aw that's sweet. I wasn't really much of a fan of JDA but you could tell how close him and Charlie were. And he was so right about the belt!

    ReplyDelete